She'll Grow Back: Jack Johnson - We're Going To Be Friends

Monday, March 10, 2008

Jack Johnson - We're Going To Be Friends

I've heard quite a few White Stripes covers in my day, but this is my current favorite (sorry, The Dynamics -- your time will come once again soon, I'm sure). Jack Johnson really brings out the sweetness in Jack White's adorable lyrics. Makes me wanna see if I can find Danette Fisher online, the girl I used to walk to school with as a young man, and reclaim that early friendship. Of course, I know next to nothing about her as a person now, except that she reads a lot and I'll bet any of you ten bucks she owns a horse.

If I find her, I'll come back and comment on this post.

3 comments:

Mark H. Besotted said...

So here's the deal. I kinda found her, sorta, living in Alabama.

But the only way I know that is that she's listed on one of those background check websites, and they want $15 for me to learn her address, or $40 for me to get a background check on her, which'll tell me her job history and such.

And, frankly, I'm not so good at being a stalker. So I haven't done it.

Cr Swan said...

I know the tone is slightly wrong, but this song (and your story) remind me strongly of Frankie Valli's "My Eyes Adore You".

Mark H. Besotted said...

Stalker songs compilation coming soon. Stay tuned.