She'll Grow Back: Whoot! Bill Cosby - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Whoot! Bill Cosby - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

So here's my first blogpost inspired by a news story. That story being that Bill Cosby is finally releasing another musical album. (This new one will be his fifth by my count, and the first in over twenty years.)

Let's get something straight. I love Bill Cosby, as a standup. When I was a child, our family owned two of his albums, and my brother and I practically memorized them. (That's nutrition!)

And from what I can tell, the man has excellent musical taste, with an eclectic love for funk and soul and jazz and blues. But he can't sing worth a damn.

Exhibit number one: this travesty of a Beatles cover. (By no means even among the ten or twenty worst Beatles covers, either. But one of the funniest, certainly.)



No comments: