She'll Grow Back: Chicken Phat!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chicken Phat!

I have to be completely honest here, or what's the point? I love "Chicken Fat." Ever since I first heard it last month, I've been trying to post it to this blog in some way. I got my chance Sunday, but here's a collection of songs about chickens and fat and, yes, schmaltz. (It's entirely appropriate that my post about schmaltz also includes my first post of a Pat Boone song.)

This is the second volume in a VERY irregular series of fun collections, entitled Phat Booty Beats. The first volume was all pirate music, collected two and a half years ago to commemorate the first annual Pirate Movie Night at my house. Volume three, when it comes, will likely be subtitled "Does Sir Mix-A-Lot Like Booty?"

Phat Booty Beats Volume Two: Chicken Phat

01. Robert Preston - Chicken Fat
02. Fats Domino - The Fat Man
03. Corky and The Juice Pigs - Chicken In A Bucket
04. Carl Malcolm - Fatty Bum Bum
05. Lynn Roberts - Chicken Fat
06. Dana Gillespie - Big Fat Mamas Are Back In Style
07. Rufus Thomas - Do The Funky Chicken
08. Al Tijuana and His Jewish Brass - Chicken Fat
09. Johnny Cash - The Chicken In Black
10. Apostle Of Hustle - Animal Fat
11. Jack Jones - Dixie Chicken
12. Los Lobos - The Fat Man
13. Lynn Roberts - Chicken Fat (Instrumental)
14. Pat Boone - Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens
15. Dennis Weaver - Chicken Mash




No comments: