She'll Grow Back: Have Yourself A Depressing Little Christmas

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Have Yourself A Depressing Little Christmas

Here it is, folks, the first of two CD-length mixes from me this holiday season. I had a hard time whittling this down to fit onto one CD, but the primary reason for making these two mixes in the first place was to give my friends CDs at our Christmas party. I hope this album doesn't bum you out too much -- if you're worried about it, don't listen to any of it till Tuesday, when I'll post the antidote, entitled "Have Yourself A Magical Little Christmas."

Tracklist:

01 - Judy Garland - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
02 - Tom Waits - Silent Night / Christmas Card From A Hooker in Minneapolis (live on Austin City Limits, 12-5-78)
03 - Merle Haggard - If We Make It Through December
04 - The Everly Brothers - Christmas Eve Can Kill You
05 - Mary Gauthier - Christmas In Paradise
06 - Red Star Belgrade - Christmas Day
07 - Alan Patrick Scheurman - Holiday Song #17
08 - Okkervil River - Listening To Otis Redding At Home During Christmas
09 - Simon and Garfunkel - 7 O'Clock News / Silent Night
10 - Johnny and Jon - Christmas In Vietnam
11 - Marvin Gaye - I Want To Come Home For Christmas
12 - Casiotone For The Painfully Alone - Cold White Christmas
13 - The Long Winters - Sometimes You Have To Work On Christmas (Sometimes)
14 - The Long Blondes - Christmas Is Cancelled
15 - Aimee Mann - I Was Thinking I Could Clean Up For Christmas
16 - Joni Mitchell - River
17 - Kansas City Kitty - Christmas Morning Blues
18 - Over The Rhine - All I Ever Get For Christmas Is Blue




No comments: