She'll Grow Back: Stagger Lee Saturdays: Lloyd Price Month

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stagger Lee Saturdays: Lloyd Price Month

In January of 1998, Lloyd Price was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. At the usual concert that evening, he was joined by John Fogerty, who sang along with him on "Stagger Lee."

At one point, Mr. Fogerty and Mr. Price can't agree on which verse they're singing... for an entire verse, and neither notices, or at least backs down. Me personally? I think Stag the badass wouldn't back down either, even if he were singing the wrong verse, publicly and loudly.

This brings Lloyd Price month to an end here on Stagger Lee Saturdays. I hope all of you have enjoyed the four different recordings from him. Next week, we'll hear the only cover of Lloyd's "sanitized," non-violent version I know of. (As another minor housekeeping note, I've uploaded today's song to two different hosts, for your ease and convenience. I'll probably do this from now on, though I'm unlikely to go back to past posts and edit them all.)

Lloyd Price and John Fogerty - Stagger Lee (live 1-12-98)
mirror 1 -- mirror 2



2 comments:

CD said...

Hey, this one worked, too!

Mark H. Besotted said...

Excellent. I hope that the redundant mirrors will make nonworking posts a thing of the past.