She'll Grow Back: The Grascals and Dolly Parton - Viva Las Vegas

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Grascals and Dolly Parton - Viva Las Vegas

The Grascals (official MySpace wiki AMG) are a bluegrass band from Nashville, who've worked with Dierks Bentley, George Jones, The Jordanaires, and Dolly Parton.

I've had this perky track on my hard drive for a while now, thanks to Boy Howdy over at Cover Lay Down. Since I first heard this, I'd be willing to bet I've listened to this version at least five times as much as Elvis's original version.

And when, on vacation, I played this for the family, they all liked it a lot too. I know that may not sound impressive, but it takes a lot to please all four members of my family musically. Let's just say that upbeat bluegrass covers of songs we all know will usually do the trick.

Come back tomorrow to hear the dulcet tones of She'll Grow Back's patron saint, Thurl Ravenscroft.

The Grascals feat. Dolly Parton - Viva Las Vegas
mirror 1 -- mirror 2
Buy from Amazon



No comments: