She'll Grow Back: Stagger Lee Saturdays - Nathan Singleton and His Sideshow Tragedy

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Stagger Lee Saturdays - Nathan Singleton and His Sideshow Tragedy

Here's another recent take on Stag. This one's from Nathan Singleton and His Sideshow Tragedy (official MySpace). This original version, from last year, reminds me of some of Bob Dylan's best long, rambling story-songs, like "Lily, Rosemary, and The Jack of Hearts" or "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream."* Musically, this is one of the rockingest, most driving versions of Stag I've ever heard.

Some people like this take on Stag; some do not. Me? I do, most definitely. I'll queue it up again in a minute, right after I listen to "Highlands."

(Oh, and greetings to all my high school friends who found their way over from Facebook. If you have no idea what this post is about, please click here to learn more.)

Nathan Singleton and His Sideshow Tragedy - The Ballad of Stagolee and The Preacher Man
mirror 1 - mirror 2
Buy from Amazon


*Or "Tweeter and the Monkeyman" by Bob's distant cousin, Lucky Wilbury.

No comments: