She'll Grow Back: Silly Sundays - Bowser and Blue - Polka Dot Undies

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Silly Sundays - Bowser and Blue - Polka Dot Undies

Boswer and Blue (official wiki AMG) are a Canadian comedy duo, and a real favorite of Dr. Demento, the king of novelty records. I should warn you that, despite that art to the right there, Bowser and Blue aren't really Lou Reed and Jim Belushi playing incognito. This song does, however, include contributions from a sizeable percentage of 80's stalwarts Katrina and the Waves.

This is one of the best of the many many parodies of Bob Dylan out there, with a twist. This one belongs to what I like to call the "Hello Operator, Give Me Number Nine" school of comedy. (You'll hear more of these songs on Silly Sundays to come, I'll bet.)

This song makes me uncontrollably happy, and it can still make me giggle like an eight-year old. Thanks, Bowser and Blue.

Bowser and Blue - Polka Dot Undies
mirror 1 -- mirror 2
Buy from Bowser and Blue

No comments: