She'll Grow Back: Stagger Lee Saturdays - The Grateful Dead 2

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Stagger Lee Saturdays - The Grateful Dead 2

Remember last year when I posted the studio take on Stag from the Dead? Well, as I mentioned in that post, the original real-life shooting took place on Christmas Eve, but there are almost no versions of the tale which mention that.

So I can have a Christmasy Stagger Lee post, here's a nice live take from Jerry and the band. (via) This is a little funkier than the studio version, with some twisted, tortured guitarwork. Overall, a nice solid live take on the song, with not as much extended jamming as you might expect.

(I might have one more seasonal Stag up my sleeve for this year, but no promises. Stag will definitely return in January if not before...)

The Grateful Dead - Stagger Lee (live Nashville, December 16, 1978)
mirror 1 -- mirror 2

No comments: