She'll Grow Back: Happy birthday John Fogerty!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy birthday John Fogerty!

John Fogerty turns 63 today. And to celebrate his birthday, here are three files from my hard drive (no ripping or downloading is allowed, to keep it interesting).

John Fogerty is, of course, best known as the voice and guitarist and songwriter for Creedence Clearwater Revival, and as I found out in December, he is inCREDible live.

His first solo album was called The Blue Ridge Rangers, and from that I give you a Hank Williams cover, "Jambalaya (On The Bayou)." Then, we have two covers. (I have a lovely folk cover of "Lodi" I'm holding back for a compilation entitled "There's No Right Time To Be In The Wrong Place" -- stay tuned.) The Buckingham Group sings "Sweet Hitchhiker" in a recording from Argentinian TV. And, Bishop Allen sings and plays their favorite encore last year, "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?"



No comments: